Re: [IP] RoseLea & Insurance

Most insurance companies have an "ombudsperson"
assigned to work with patients who are having a hard
time navigating through the inner-workings of the
company (okay - more like a maze with no way out).

If you are insured through your employer, call your HR
department and find out who the insurance rep is that
is assigned to your company (this is a sales kind of
person).  Then, call that person and find out who is
their ombudsperson (& their phone number).  The
ombudsperson at my insurance company reports directly
to the Medical Director.  I have developed a great
relationship with that person at Pacificare.

I too have experienced the "no one available" and
perma-hold and being hung up on at Pacificare.  I no
longer deal with those folks.  My requests have been
ignored, I have been told they cannot respond to me, I
have been told I must do things in writing - all of
which are either untrue or ILLEGAL, but are the
directions the "customer service" folks are given.
This is Customer Service???  What a joke!!

Another avenue - here in Colorado there are several
non-profits who work solely with the consumer in
dealing with the insurance nightmares.  Try a
web-search for that kind of thing in MI.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish,
with lots of tricks up my sleeve in manipulating the
insurance folks into doing what they are SUPPOSED to do!

Do you Yahoo!?