[IP] Getting a pump experiences

I had similar experiences with different endo's.
My first endo I went to in the 80's said I was disciplined enough,
didn't have good enough control to get a pump.  That was discouraging,
no matter what I did, never was good enough for him.
In 1995 I wanted to get a pump because we were trying to get pregnant
and the endo I saw in KC told me that I was in such good control I
didn't need a pump!  I was pulling my hair out!  What do I do, not take
care of myself so the man will get me a pump?
Even though it was really important to me I went thru that pregnancy
with no pump.
After moving back to Springfield I found an endo, after bad experiences
with an opinionated family practice dr, who is pump friendly.
I am very happy to be pumping, it has given a freedom to my life I
didn't remember I'd been diabetic so long.  The only bad thing is I am
so involved with my life sometimes I forget about bolusing til after
I've eaten and the dh asks if I did it.  Whoops.

:)Faith and SweetiePie, my mighty blue d-tron
diabetic 21+ years and glad to be here
pumping since 08-00

>>From: "Lutz, Leonard" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] My One Week Anniversary

"All the Endo's I saw would tell me I need to be in better control, to
get a pump. " Funny thing is, that, at least in my case, when i was on
mdi, i was told that i  had to NOT be able to control myself with 4
mdi's per day, in order to qualify. I didnt like it, but i put myself
out of control for 2 weeks... the pump was ordered a week later.<<