Re: [IP] Re: On my soapbox

John Kinsley <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Is pump therapy all that expensive when compared to most non-pumpers using
> MDI and using the pen?  Note the two excerpts below from the same article.

Wrong comparison, IMHO.  No matter the method, if it prevents *ONE* trip to
the hospital for either severe hypo or (worse) DKA, then it has likely paid
for itself.  Prevention is *ALWAYS* more cost effective that treatment, and
that's the best way to approach both one's physician and insurance company.

Jim Handsfield