Re: [IP] Ryan this one is for you

For the record, I get it, too.

I also think that a lot of the arguments directed at Ryan have argued
against a position he never even took -- that most people don't need the
pump.  That is not his position.

And the fact remains that there are a lot of diabetics out there that aren't
the right kind of patient to go on a pump.  I'm not exactly expressing a
novel opinion here.  I'll bet any pro-pump doc would back me up on that.

A lot of things need to be considered -- is the benefit worth the cost, am I
going to make good use of this expensive piece of equipment, am I going to
test as much as I should to use the pump, and so on.  These questions, I
believe, would be weighed much more carefully if people were spending their
OWN money to go on the pump, instead of the insurance company's money.  Why
shouldn't those things be considered when someone else is footing the bill?

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990