[IP] Re: On my soapbox

Ryan Bruner said:
>>> I'm afraid I'm speaking to the wrong group of people, because my point
has been missed entirely.  So, forget it.  Go ahead and contribute to the
rising medical and insurance costs of the world without fully considering
the impact. <<<

I do agree with you in principle.  However, after the CEO of my HMO
reconsiders his annual compensation in 2000 of $11,808,454 (and with
unexercised stock options it was $110,022,300), I will worry about splitting
hairs in deciding if my pump is medically necessary.  Yes, those numbers are
millions, not thousands.  In 2000, the average salary/bonus of the top eight
HMO CEOs was $8,916,006.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998