RE: [IP] A1c - 5.5 on MDI vs 5.5 on Pump

"Richmond, Raymond" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>"DEPENDING ON FACTORS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIFESTYLE, PUMP THERAPY
>MAY NOT BE BETTER THAN MDI FOR CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS".

I agree with this statement.  Not everyone wants to do the additional work
involved in pumping.  Not everyone wants to fight their insurance companies
to get the necessary supplies for the additional work for pumping.   I
don't believe that pumps should be forced on anyone just as I believe that
MDI shouldn't be forced on anyone.  Each individual needs to determine what
is acceptable treatment for themselves.  That said, I also don't believe
that any insurance company should make that decision either.  It is between
the doctor and the patient and hopefully the patient makes the final decision.

RoseLea