RE: [IP] re: curious: what's poutine?

No way...elephant ears are real elephant ears that are then dipped
in......oh ok...an elephant ear is a giant (about 12' across) peice of
doughnut dough that is deep fried and then dusted with cinnimon and
sugar....they are usually served a state/county fairs....they are
wonderfully yummy and I haven't had one since I was diagnosed....I know that
I "can" but I just don't want to deal with it....

on that note...this list touched on something that I have started doing
since my diagnosis @ age 19.... I avoid the "forbiden" that are high in
sugar and fat....I avoid them not beacuse of what they do to my blood sugars
but because I find it easier to avoid sweets and fatty food with a good
excuse like "I have diabetes"

I"m sure I'm not the only one who does this but a few of the the other
diabetics I know don't like this mindset cause it involves alot of "I