Re: [IP] re: curious: what's poutine?

In a message dated 1/24/03 7:18:17 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So, for those of you still scratching your heads, a beavertail is kind of
 > like an elephant ear, only with a different name. And poutine is a heart
 > attack waiting to happen. <g>
 Is it possible that "elephant ear" is another regional food?  I am still in
 the dark as to what either beavertail or elephant ear is.  All I'm sure
 about is that those names aren't literal! >>

For either of them, you take some dough, stretch it out, deep fry it,
sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon (or a fruit topping maybe) and eat. Don't
forget to bolus! A lot! <g>

Jan and Elvis