RE: [IP] On My Soap Box-OT

 "Handsfield, James H. (PHPPO)" <email @ redacted> wrote:

Amy Layfield [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> there is nothing
> medically necessary about having sex.

That is debatable. A healthy sexuality is fundamental to most people's well

OK, so maybe some people find it necessary to have sex to be happy or feel like a "real"person. My BIL actually shot himself in the penis 2 years ago  with a .357 (major freak accident) and lost most of it and a testicle.  He  was only 28 but has manged to  get on with his life after several operations. He is a wonderful, funny person. My SIL says that they are not able to have relations.

I have a friend who is about 400 pounds. She lives like a hermit, afraid to go in public, not having a job, and when she does go out, people stare. She is a very intelligent person. I am sure that she will have some serious health problems in the future. She is only 31.

So knowing how dangerous it is to your health to be so overweight and the depression that she has and the low self esteem and problems that she has in her marraige because of her weight, wouldn't it improve her life if an insurance company would pay for her to have a gastric bypass? Wouldn't it save them money in the future and greaty improve her life both emotionally and physically? The insurance company says that they do not cover anything for weight loss.

I think that it is wrong to pay for people to have sex or surgery for implants, but not for people to lose weight and be happy and healthy. I am sure that she would live longer,and reduce her risk of  developing Type 2 and heart problems.

Do you Yahoo!?