[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #1

Denise,
I guess it might depend on your plan...HMO ..PPO
All I know is that in order to get around paying for the pump as a "Diabetic
Supply" they changed the definition so it is now covered as a "Durable or
Home Medical Supply.
check your plans coverage for HME or DME. That is where I got screwed.

> I had no clue that something like this had happened.  I just ordered a
Cozmo pump for my child.  I automatically assume that my insurance will pay
80% for the pump.  I have Blue Shield.  Also, I didn't know that we have to
pay for all the pump supplies!  That's not fair.  Infusion sets?