Re: [IP] About the Insurance Laws in all but 4 states

> Actually I've always wondered what that means... if by law the
> insurance companies have to pay for diabetes supplies in all but
> those 4 special states, what does that really mean?
> What do they consider "supplies" does that include insulin and
> syringes?
> Do they have to pay for those?

Generally yes, the language of each law is different. You should
check the references on the LINKS page of the web site then contact
the appropriate legislator and ask about the specifics.

In general the laws state the testing supplies, insulin, and
syringes must be covered in addition to prescription items. In the
past, the insurance company ducked covering these items because all
were available over the counter since so many people have diabetes
and congress mandated that they be made available to anyone without a
> Does it infer that they do not have to cover hospital emergency
> costs for a diabetic?

No, not unless they cover no emergency services or unless their is
specific contract language that says coverage is not provided for
diabetes emergencies (unlikely).