Re: [IP] On My Soap Box - lifetime ins. limits

Ryan wrote, in part:
>>>Someone off-line pointed out to me that there is actually PERSONAL
reason to consider NOT getting the pump for financial reasons...that
has to do with insurance lifestime maximums.  If your lifetime max is
$100,000...then, if you cost your insurance company $10,000 a year, you
can only get 10 years of care.  If you are more "thrifty" with your
health-care choices, you could cut that down considerable and get 20-30
years of coverage.>>>

Having IDDM 52+ years, I've dealt with a lot of ins. cos. I can't recall
when, if ever, I saw a lifetime limit of $100,000.00. If so, it was for THAT
ins. co., meaning changing to another - which happens quite often with
employers - there is a new lifetime limit. If it's like most now that no
matter the company, it's $1,000,000.00 (million) cap. I would hope a pump
with ongoing supplies could be worked into that amount. That's why I
scratched out the *with 700 lancets* on my strip Rx. I have enough lancets
now to last several people the rest of their natural lives. I change mine 4x
a year whether I need to or not. YMMV (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

What's the definition of a will? (Come on, It's a dead giveaway!)