Re: [IP] On My Soap Box

> >Hmmm, but who should make that determination?  Your doctor or the
> >insurance
> >company?  And, how can an insurance company who's never met me, talked
> >me, examined me, decide how many times I need to test?
> Where did I EVER suggest that the insurance company should play any
> part in MAKING the decision?  No where!!!
> I think you are actually arguing with a difference issue than the
> one I brought up.  I wasn't speaking one single bit about insurances
> having the right to decide what to cover.  I was talking about what
> each individual should consider when deciding whether they should
> charge an insurance company thousands of dollars.

The personal responsibility issue is a good one.
i.e. getting a new pump because current one is out of warranty but
still working, Mulitple pumps in a short time period, etc....
These choices are things that (in my humble opinion) should be payed
for by the individual. If the individual HAD to pay for them, a
working pump would certainly be kept until it died. There is usually
no argument at all from ins co (and I'm not their defender by any
means) in replacing a broken, out of warranty piece of medical
equipment, but replacing a working pump seems unreasonable to me.

This is a very different issue than test strips, insulin qty (which
we've been denied if you can believe it...), etc...
Just my opinion...