Re: [IP] Soap Boxes, Insurance, and Tea

I, for one, love a great debate.  I even own my own
soap box which I travel with frequently.  I'll get to
my point about tea in a moment.

Health insurance, as we have been brainwashed into
believing, is supposedly to pay for things "in case we
need them."  Just like Car and Homeowner's Insurance.

However, due to rising costs, either imaginary or real
or artificially inflated, Health Insurance is, in
reality, pre-paid health care.

If we, the IP-ers group, were to try to buy a group
policy to spread out the risk amongst ourselves - we
would not be able to afford it.  We all know that we
cannot buy individual health insurance or even life
insurance.  The risks are too great - to the INSURANCE
COMPANY.  Hmmm - think Congress might be doing some
investigating anytime soon?  Doubt it.

Haven't really figured out what my point is regarding
all this other than I have an opinion and it is just
about as germane as the price of tea in China.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish

Do you Yahoo!?