Re: [IP] strips

At 11:35 AM 1/24/03, you wrote:
>This is something new this year
>Not unless the insurance company is practicing medicine. I get 10
>strips a day without any squaking from PA BC/BS Read your contract.
>What state are you in, do they have manditory diabetes coverage? See
>Michaels reponse to another pumper. I'd cream them if I were your doc,
>I'd be in ouch with the Board of Medical Examiners and have them
>A L Bender. M, D.
>email @ redacted

Doesn't matter what the policy says or what state you're in.  Maybe it does
matter what state you're in.  Even with the diabetes care act being passed
in Michigan, all it states is that insurance companies have to pay for
supplies.  If they only give you 50 test strips per month, they're giving
you diabetes supplies and the state considers them following the law.  I
was told by my state senator that since BC was already paying for test
strips, the law did not apply to them.  It was to only get insurance
companies that were not supplying any diabetes supplies to supply
them.  And as far as the insurance company practicing medicine?  In
Michigan, as long as they had a licensed doctor make the decision, it
counts whether he's ever seen you or not.  <sigh>  And, as far as BC/BS of
Michigan goes, they're going bankrupt and the state's going to rule in
their favor since the state don't want to have to give them more money to
bail them out.

who's grown weary of fighting the insurance and losing