Re: [IP] Test Strip Supplier

>  From what I understand, BCN is in the process of enforcing
> the use of the AccuCheck meter and strips (NOT Lifescan). If we stay with
> Liz's One Touch Ultra, we will be assessed a co-pay. I was told a letter is
> in the process of being mailed to explain this new coverage procedure.
> Perhaps this is the situation throughout BC/BS, whether you're PPO, HMO, or
> Std.

We haven't heard anything about this.  My son has BC/BS Community Blue
PPO of MI.  He is using a Dex meter and switching over to a FreeStyle
Tracker.  They have been covering both of these at 80% under his DME
coverage.  He is allowed 10-12 tests per day of strips.  That is how his
Rx is written and that is what they have been sending.

Judi in MI