RE: [IP] Re: On my soapbox

You're right Ryan.  It's all of us, not you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Bruner [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 9:14 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: On my soapbox

I'm afraid I'm speaking to the wrong group of people, because my point
has been missed entirely.  So, forget it.  Go ahead and contribute to
the rising medical and insurance costs of the world without fully
considering the impact.

And to answer one question posed...the fact is I spent quite a while
pondering whether I had the "right" (not legally, but from the
medically necessary standpoint) to get a pump.  My A1cs were hovering
around 7.1, which is fairly decent, though the doctors want it into the
sixes.  It was actually my doctor who pointed out that my frequent lows
was a big problem. (I was having a low just about every day at some
point.)  WHen I brought up the idea of the pump, he was certainly all
in favor for it because I worked so hard at achieving the 7.1, and
because he wanted me to eliminate so many lows.  Regardless, if I
weren't having so many lows, I probably wouldn't have chosen to go on
the pump because it cost my insurance company a LOT of money.

ANyhow, I see a lot of all-or-nothing thinking here applied to me...as
if I don't recognize any advantages to the pump, or when it becomes
medically necessary.  I've stated WHEN I think it is medically
necessary numerous times, but such statemnts have gone ignored.

My original comments to the ORIGINAL poster about considering pump was
meant to be things to consider that no one was suggesting.  I wasn't
suggesting that he NOT go on the pump...but to consider ALL sides of
the issue before deciding.