[IP] Type 2 and pumping

Subject: Re: [IP] Type 2 and pumping?

I for one still produce a normal amount of insulin, I guess, as
reflected by
a c-peptide test.  But this type II diabetic is on oral meds and my

> I think, though, that some of them do quit producing insulin as well.
> Kristen
Some folks with type 1 diabetes produce c-peptide which means nothing.
the insulin they produce c-peptide their insulin does not work. Most
endocrinologists agree that the c-peptide test is worthless as an
index as to if you have type 1 or type 2. Only Medicare thinks this
test means something. Just after the onset of diabetes, during the
honeymoon, you produce some insulin and may have some c-peptide. If
you have Type 2 diabetes you may experience after several years islet-
cell burn out. You may also have so much insulin resistance that you
need supplemental insulin. spot

A L Bender. M, D.