[IP] Re: Arguments for a pump

>>>I wonder if there was a time when they told Diabetics that Insulin was
something to improve their quality of life and not medically necessary.
That if they just kept starving themselves, they could live a little longer
(and not take advance of the insurance company).>>>

Advantage could not be taken of an insurance company then - there weren't
any. In 1950 at my dx my mom had to go to work to pay the hospital bills. We
used glass syringes and metal needles that we sharpened ourselves, so
insulin (discovered in 1921) and doctor visits ($3.00) were my only medical
expenses that were ongoing. Oh, yeah, a lab test once every 3 months to get
a BG, too and the occasional pee test tablets.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.