Re: [IP] Poutine - and now gravy

> There is this talk about poutine being fries, cheese and gravy. But what
do
> you mean by "gravy"? I think of gravy as something you put on mashed
potatoes
> or eat with biscuits. But somebody said something about chicken barbecue
> gravy. Now, that sounds like barbecue *sauce*.

nope, it's true gravy, that good ol' stuff that's made from stuff dripping
out of a cooked chicken.  :)
we make our turkey gravy at christmas, thanksgiving, easter, etc by taking
all the drippings out of the pan (often while cooking it), and then skim off
the fat - or as much as possible - then comes all the fun part with the
cornstarch and getting it to the right consistency.