Re: [IP] re: curious: what's poutine?

> French fries with cheese and gravy.
> Not sure if there is more to it than that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I
> think it originated the Quebec though.
> It is very good :)

i didn't like it for a long time (and me in ottawa, tsk tsk), but as long as
it's real gravy, and fresh cut fries, i like it.
one place on rideau street (one of the only places in ottawa to get good
smoked meat sandwiches) used to have a smoked meat poutine.

now, how many other people here know of beavertails?  :)