Re: [IP] Female stuff...

>Sometimes babies born to diabetic moms are a
>little slower to develop, meaning that there could be a problem with
>immature lungs, etc, if the baby is early.

>>>  Btw, back in those days they pretty much did a C-section as
the norm but I was already beginning to dilate (2 cm) when they delivered
my daughter by C-section. >>>

My dtr was induced 17 days early - at 10#. The actual breaking of my water
was worse than the vaginal delivery since she hadn't dropped yet. We're
talking almost 42 years ago. I had all the knock-out meds for the delivery
they could give since I didn't want to feel anything involved and it was
common then. My tailbone was broken during the delivery.

My son was induced 23 days early and he was 7# 8 oz which pretty small for a
DMer's baby, but that was due to the flu and toxemia I had. He almost fell
out. LOL

They both had Hyaline Membrane Disease (the lung problem and what Patrick
Bouvier Kennedy died from). She spent 3 days off and on in an isolette, he
spent 8 solid days. We brought him home at 15 days of age and in no way
would they let me touch him until I dressed him to go home. We're really
talking olden days now. I asked if I could wear a gown to feed him - *NO!
Then we'd have to put him in with the sick babies and you don't want that.*
It was a very sad time. BTW, they're 10 months and 14 days apart. I almost
had a nervous breakdown since I cried every day for 3 months. She cried too
(couldn't walk, talk, or feed herself) and he made the motions since he
couldn't cry out loud the first 2.5 months until his lungs improved. I
became a Tupperware dealer to save my sanity. I had no help and had no idea
what my BGs were and took only one shot a day of NPH/Reg.

She's a wife and mom of 3 kids, he's a daddy, too and out driving a snowplow
right now.

They are doing very well. I'm still suffering. (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Many girls like to marry a military man--he can cook, sew, make bed, and is
in good health...and he's already used to taking orders.