[IP] Re: Female stuff..

>Type I's experience menopause on average 10 years earlier than non-diabetics

I started menopause at 40.  I would wake up sweaty at night and think I was
low!  Luckily my gyn took my complaints seriously (I had had a hysterectomy a
few years earlier so didn't have the changes in periods to go by). He tested
my blood to find out that sure enough I had started menopause.  I also had
terrible migraine and was in a fog and irritable for months prior to that.

After the fact, I had read about a research study that found that diabetics
started menopause on the average 9 years earlier than their non diabetic
sisters.  My Mom did start early (age 39) too and she's not diabetic.  I think
my gyn said only a small part of it is genetic.

Age 45, type 1 - 29 years, pumping 3 1/2 years