RE: [IP] Arguments for the pump

At 04:18 PM 1/22/03, you wrote:
>That was pretty much my argument, my control was GREAT on MDI (a1c's of
>6.2-6.6) but it was so much work that I was worrying more about all my shots
>and tests than I was about the rest of my life.  I was also having daily
>lows because Lantus just wasn't working well for me (I need higher basals at
>night and lower in the afternoon)  Now with the pump I don't think about it
>as much and I can live my life again.  My control is still great too, really
>it comes down to a question of lifestyle... ask your doc which he's prefer..
>lots of injections, or wearing a pump.  Neither is without it's disadvantes,
>but no one could pay me to go back to shots.  The shots weren't the part
>that bothered me, but the inconvenience of it all, even using an insulin

And my A1c's on MDI were always in the 5s, but it had nothing to do with
"good control".  On the contrary, I was constantly bouncing up and down...
30 - 300, back to 30, etc.  My endo also thought I didn't need a pump until
I graphed my bgs and he saw the rollercoaster ride I was on each day.  That
convinced him.

dxd 1963
pumping 2000