RE: [IP] Arguments for the pump

At 04:18 PM 1/22/03, you wrote:
>That was pretty much my argument, my control was GREAT on MDI (a1c's of
>6.2-6.6) but it was so much work that I was worrying more about all my shots
>and tests than I was about the rest of my life.  I was also having daily
>lows because Lantus just wasn't working well for me (I need higher basals at
>night and lower in the afternoon)  Now with the pump I don't think about it
>as much and I can live my life again.  My control is still great too, really
>it comes down to a question of lifestyle... ask your doc which he's prefer..
>lots of injections, or wearing a pump.  Neither is without it's disadvantes,
>but no one could pay me to go back to shots.  The shots weren't the part
>that bothered me, but the inconvenience of it all, even using an insulin
>pen.
>
>Sarah

And my A1c's on MDI were always in the 5s, but it had nothing to do with
"good control".  On the contrary, I was constantly bouncing up and down...
30 - 300, back to 30, etc.  My endo also thought I didn't need a pump until
I graphed my bgs and he saw the rollercoaster ride I was on each day.  That
convinced him.

RoseLea
dxd 1963
pumping 2000