[IP] Arguments for the pump

Hello All-

Just when I thought I'd be getting my pump ordered, my doc has thrown a
wrench into things.

Recently, I have been using Lantus and Humalog, counting carbs, etc., and
have achieved my best A1C ever (6.2).  This has been realized by pricking my
fingers and giving injections a total of ~10 times per day.  My doctor has
now said verbatim, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  I understand this
logic, however, I still want a pump.  Are there any other arguments, other
than fewer needle-sticks, for someone like me (decent control) getting a

Many thanks... any ammo is appreciated.