[IP] Odds

Concomitent Autoimmune diseases: Myesthenia Gravis, (In my exp[erience
as a vanilla neurologigist (about 3%) Hemachromatosis (about 2%),
Lupus Erythematosis, before treatment with steroids (about 9%) All of
these diseases are disorders of the HLAntigen I which Type I diabetes
hangs off of. Also Hashimotos thyroiditis, Graves disease and Addisons
disease are all disorders of HLA-I as are Polyendocrinopathy. LEMS
(Lambert Eaton Myesthenic Syndrome is not more frequent, generally it
is related to a systemic malignancy, often Lung Cancer or Hodgkins
Disease) It is amazing how a molecular arrangement spells such a life
altering event. We have little idea why. But as my Dissertation
Advisor said, hiking up his pants, it remains an area of active
research. I Know it has something to do with Molecular orbital theory.
We need more fools willing and able to give up 8 post-graduate years
doing molecular pathology.

A L Bender. M, D.