Re: [IP] re: excercise thing - the joys of being diabetic

> My daughter plays ice hockey and she is always "high" after practice
> or game.  The nurse told me not to correct the high unless she is
> still high 2 hours later. Teresa mom of Emily

You can figure it out by looking at her bg profile for game days. If
she routinely spikes then you can correct accordingly before or
during the game. I assume she takes her pump off because hockey is a
contact sport. Perhaps adjusting her pre, mid, post insulin can
flatten the spike. I'd guess she probably runs lower for hours after
the game if her basals are not lowered. Lily typically would lower
her basals (particularly night time) on tournament weekends.
Again, it's a YMMV thing. Looking at the bg records can help develop
a strategy for keeping bg's in line. You daughter will get superior
performance from her body and better stamina if she can keep bgs in
the "good-ole" 80-150 range.