[IP] Diabetes in Beaverton

All I want to know, is why "Police said he may be a diabetic" has any
relevance in this story.

I know when my blood sugar is low, the first thing I do is lead the police
on a cross-city car chase.  =)

Man leads police on highway chase

By DOUG IRVING, kgw.com Staff

Police chased a fleeing pickup truck from Beaverton to Portland late Monday,
then used pepper-ball rounds and a tazer to bring the driver out.

Glenn A Robartes, 41, was treated by medics at the scene and taken to
Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, where he was treated and released.
Police said he may be a diabetic.

Police first tried to pull Robartes over in Beaverton for a traffic violation,
but he fled. Police put down spike strips twice as they chased his pickup truck
down Highway 26, blowing out two tires.

Police investigate after the chase.
An officer used a vehicle maneuver to stop the truck, which crashed into a

Police said Robartes refused to get out of the truck, so they fired beanbags,
then pepper balls at him. After that did not work, Portland police used a tazer
gun, which got Robartes out.

Police spokesmen did not know how the traffic stop escalated into a chase.

Do you Yahoo!?