Re: [IP] Skydiving and the pump???

On 1/21/03 9:25 AM, "Gregory Legowski" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Bob Hillier" <email @ redacted> wrote:
>> Animas sent me an addemndum to their instruction to not just suspend the
>> pump on things lik erollercoasters, but to disconnect altogether.

I did not receive this addendum and I am on an Animas pump.  I have a hard
time believing if you don't have your pump secured on that one needs to take
it off.  I am not saying I don't believe you I am just surprised.  I went
flying down the freeway attached to a trailer and a motorcycle for two miles
and the pump came through just fine. The pump was in my pant pocket.  At the
scene of the accident this guy that was helping me to remain conscious got
my pump out of my pocket after I asked him too.  I figured I had better turn
those basal rates up and fast.  :-) Me on the other hand am lucky to be
alive.  I would not disconnect for any activity.  Hence why I need a pump
that is waterproof.  As with many of us if not all we just don't seem to
allow the pump or diabetes to stop us from doing what we enjoy and what
makes us happy.