RE: [IP] Skydiving and the pump???

Brian C [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I would not recommend wearing the pump while on the jump.
> changing in the
> pressure of the pump and cartridge chamber can give you a
> large bolus..

I don't see how altitude change would affect the pump.  It's not a sealed
environment, so all parts of the system will be at the same ambient air
pressure at the same time.  And liquid is not compressible, so that would
not have any effect.

I'd just make sure the pump is protected in the event of a harder than
expected landing.

Jim Handsfield, who broke his wrist when a 40 mph gust of wind came across
the landing zone just as he landed and was dragged 20 yards before he could
control the chute.