Re: [IP] Female stuff

> I make sure I check her sugar after she has had a subsantial amount of
> juice, as this is pretty much how they do the glucose tolerance
> testing, but with a much more concentrated level of sugar.

What kind of results do you look for when you do that?  I guess that
surprises me, because I know even non-diabetics will get slightly elevated
numbers after eating.  I remember checking my brother's after he had had a
relatively high glucose snack, and getting 168.

When I was diagnosed type 1, in 1985, they did a fasting check.  I could
have nothing to eat after dinner time the night before.  I feasted at 6 or 7
that night, and then went in to have blood drawn at about 8 the next
morning.  That was on a Friday.  The following Tuesday evening, we had our
answer.  I was diabetic.

I know they do the glucose tolerance testing for gestational, and probably
other types, too, but I don't really know what they are looking for when
they do that.

Just curious.  I don't check my son very often at all, but when I do, I try
not to do it too soon after he's had much sugar, because I don't know what
to look for, if I do that.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990