Re: [IP] Emla Cream

>From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Emla Cream Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:35:53 -0500
>"lidoderm 5% patch" to some of his patients. It provides very effective
>localized pain relief. You just stick a piece of this patch on the area and
>it numbs it up almost instantly. Ask your doc. Hope it helps.
>Sally (Mom to Stefanie dx T1 98 dx Celiac 01)
>married to my guy almost 30 years!>>>
>Congratulations on the upcoming wedding anniversary!!
>Interesting about these patches - are they at least 4" long? I suppose
>smaller would work since it's immediate and would be aplied at the correct
>spot. I have to apply the Emla in about a 4" strip on both sides (outgoing
>and incoming) of the loop. How long does the numbing last? I feel those 15g
>needles in me almost the whole 4:15 I'm sitting there. I often take 2 X-Str
>Tylenol as well - but that's my sensitive system. :-(  Others don't have my
>problems. Just me!
>I do thank the one who has offered Emla privately to me and it sure helps!
>Waiting 'til mid 2003 for it like they said it may be is stressful. I'm
>stressed enough over this whole thing! (~_^)
>\(/ Jan (63 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
>Dialyzing since 7/8/02
>http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
>(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS)
>Often the difference between a successful marriage and a  mediocre one
>consists of leaving about three of four things a day unsaid. - Ogden Nash

You can cut the patch into strips and place them close to the needle
insertion site. You can leave it on for up to 12 hours. The "numbing" effect
sort of spreads out a little. It is often used for relief from painful
scars. We have patients in the office that swear by these things!

Sally (Mom to Stefanie dx T1 98 dx Celiac 01 pumping with 508 since 01)