Re: [IP] Female stuff...

I am 30 years old and I am currently pregnant with my third child. We had a
difficult time getting pregnant with our first and took Clomid (fertility
drug) to concieve. I was told that I would have to take the drugs again if we
wanted more kids but that was totally wrong. My second child came two and
half years later (acomplete suprise) as was my third. We did suffer one
miscarriage but we werent even aware that we were pregnant that time.
Diabetes does make you high risk. It makes bigger birthweight babies, can
cause premature delivery and children of diabetics sometimes have problems
with immature lungs even though they may be close to term. Uncontrolled blood
sugar can cause birth defects. i also found out that diabetes can cause
certain tests like the AFP and the triple screen (routine prenatal tests) to
come back higher for things like Downs Syndrome and Trisomy 18 when your baby
is perfectly healthy in reality. Children of diabetics are at a slightly
higher risk for developing diabetes later in life but teaching healthy eating
habits early in childhood reduces that risk even more.
I wish you the best of luck when you do decide to have kids. Some doctors may
advise against you having kids because of past medical problems you have had,
diabetes does sometimes progress already existent damage like retinopathy
even further no matter how well controlled your bg's are. I was confined to
bedrest a lot with both of my pregnancies and have been okay so far with this
one. It's a much harder road for a diabetic female than someone who's got a
healthy endocrine system. But the end result is well worth everything that
you may have to go through!!! I wouldn't trade my boys for anything on this