[IP] retinopathy anyone?

As my previous messages stated, I have had a bad case of retinopathy.  I
didn't know if I'd ever see again.
What happened was because I had numerous laser and vitrectomies, scar tissue
developed over the center part of my retina.  More so in mmy right eye.  So
when I look at something, I have to look slightly to the side to see it in
detail.  And because of that, reading is difficult.  I have perfect peripheral
vision, but the tiny center portion has a white dot in it. On top of that, I
had cataracts in both eyes from the trauma. I am still a student, and
retinopathy and college are so aggrivating.  I feel so left out, everything
needs to be enlarged, some professors don't cooperate, etc.
Am I the only one with this problem?  If there are others out there in my
situation, will you please PLEASE reply?
Don't get me wrong, I am VERY thankful of the sight I do have....I still drive
(just not at night), and do a lot of other things.  But I am just sick of
feeling like a child...my fiance rreads menus to me because they are too small
for me to see, and I have to constantly make up excuses why I can't read
something at the dinner table at a guest's house.
Anyways, if someone out there can relate to me, I'd love to hear from you.