Re: [IP] alleryg, any advice?

> I keep getting these rashes where I have had my sets.  It's really
> tearing my skin up.  It is red, bumpy, and itches like crazy.

You need to expirement with various combinations of tape, prep, sets.
Do a skin test with one inch squares of material on your back or
abdomen for 2-3 days, and try all the various combinations. Discard
the ones that bother you immediately.

Stuff list.....
Products: most are available at either ostomy supply
houses (look in the yellow pages under Medical Supplies), your
pharmacy, or major mail order diabetes supply house and pump mfgs.
Amerisource 877-327-4677 will tell you what pharmacy in your area will
order the product for you. or Edge Park Surgical 800-321-0591 Briggs

Gorilla Snot type adhesives: try these suppliers
Mastisol - available as pads and liquid -- buy the liquid, it is
expensive, but a single bottle will last up to a year or more made by
Ferndale Laboratories, Inc, Ferndale, Michigan. 1-888-548-0900 is
their toll free number www.ferndalelabs.com .

Compound Tincture of Benzoin -- spray and liquid  by York Pharmacal
Brookfield, MO 64628. Used by athletes to keep tape wraps on sweaty
legs, feet, etc.... available at many pharmacies .

Hollister 7730 spray adhesive .

Skin Barrier products

Skin-Bond (Smith &
Nephew) .

Skin-Tac-H .

Elastoplast .

Cavilon Cream made by 3M (1-800-2283957) product
number is 3392 Durable Barrier Cream.

Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film  - 3M #3346
comes in a pump spray bottle

Adhesive removers:
Unisolve -- Smith & Nephew
De-solv-it -- www.orange-sol.com 1-800-877-7771.
   also available at Walmart an Kroger stores in cleaning section
AllKare - Adhesive Remover Wipe NDC 0003-0374-43  order no. 37443
Wal-Mart's  "Goo Gone" a bottle is less than $5

plain old baby oil,
fingernail polish remover (acetone with oil added)

Barrier wipes:
AllKare Protective Barrier -- Convatec NDC 0003-0374-44   order no.
37444 IV-Prep -- Smith & Nephew

Bard Protective Barrier  Film, -- liquid and wipes
Catalog # 740013
made by  C.R. Bard Inc.
Murray Hill NJ 07974

Tapes and tape patches:
Hypafix like a cotton bandaid
3m Micropore
Kendall Polyskin II
Smith & Nephew "Opsite #4575"
various paper tapes available at pharmacies