[IP] Site failures and success

Over the last 6 months I have had serious problems
with site failures.  I had an site infection in early
summer and since then have had nothing but
inconsistent numbers since then (not that they were
very consistent before, but much much worse).

I have always used my tummy - the sites always worked.
 When my BG numbers started roller coastering - I
tried my thighs, my upper buttocks, my love handles,
you name it - I tried it.  No succes.

I tried the Sils / Tenders.  I even got a new pump
thinking that would solve the problem.

The new pump has actually helped tremendously.  But, I
was still swapping out sites sometimes 2 or 3 times a
day.  Bent cannulas.  Itchies.  High numbers.

In desperation I decided to try using my upper
abdomen, above the lateral line of my belly-button
(can't spell navel).  WOW - I'M BACK IN BUSINESS!!

I had avoided using that area because I remembered how
painful it was to take injections there (oh so many
years ago).  Guess what?!  Not anymore!

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish,
still learning new things everyday - thanks to this list!!!

Do you Yahoo!?