Re: [IP] Emla Cream

>>>Jan, My husband is an orthorpedist and prescribes a product called
"lidoderm 5% patch" to some of his patients. It provides very effective
localized pain relief. You just stick a piece of this patch on the area and
it numbs it up almost instantly. Ask your doc. Hope it helps.

Sally (Mom to Stefanie dx T1 98 dx Celiac 01)
married to my guy almost 30 years!>>>

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding anniversary!!

Interesting about these patches - are they at least 4" long? I suppose
smaller would work since it's immediate and would be aplied at the correct
spot. I have to apply the Emla in about a 4" strip on both sides (outgoing
and incoming) of the loop. How long does the numbing last? I feel those 15g
needles in me almost the whole 4:15 I'm sitting there. I often take 2 X-Str
Tylenol as well - but that's my sensitive system. :-(  Others don't have my
problems. Just me!

I do thank the one who has offered Emla privately to me and it sure helps!
Waiting 'til mid 2003 for it like they said it may be is stressful. I'm
stressed enough over this whole thing! (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Often the difference between a successful marriage and a  mediocre one
consists of leaving about three of four things a day unsaid. - Ogden Nash