[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #910

In a message dated 1/19/03 8:50:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I've been on the paradigm for 5 months now and wouldn't go back, but
> still trying to to figure out my Exercise "mileage".  Have always been
> active and, when on the various Lente's over the years kept (and used) a
> large supply of quick carbs with me at all times when running or playing
       I have had diabetes 53 yrs rode a bicycle most of those years, found
       when begin pumping, my previous experience to keep a good level
       was no longer applicable, after many changes I have found that for
       each minute of vigorous exercise 1 gram of carb will keep me in good
       shape usual ride is average of 80 minutes = 80 grams of carb at the
       mark usually eat 5 fig Newtons 55 gm, arriving back home 20 gms of
       orange juice this is a bit short but works well for me as test before
       lunch is usually 80 to 100, being very good, having the pump for near
       6 months this is now working well for me. If calories 4 = 1 gram carb.
       Elzie Speir