Re: [IP] Emla Cream

>From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Emla Cream
>Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:27:09 -0500
>Recently a member contacted me stating she had a tube of Emla that was used
>just once and they didn't need it. She very graciously sent it to me. I use
>about 8" of it 3x a week to numb the skin over my Gortex Loop inserted in
>forearm for the 15gauge dialysis needles. Emla will not be back on the
>market until they can put it in a child-proof container. This may be mid
>If anyone else has any they don't use, would you contact me and let me know
>how much $ you need for it? I have no idea what I'll use instead when I run
>out. It is stressful enough as it is WITH it - but, that's *me* cuz I have
>very sensitive system. I often feel the needle holes the next.
>BTW, it's 4*F out today. :-(
>\(/ Jan (63 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
>Dialyzing since 7/8/02
>http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
>(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS)
>You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you
>think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at
>that moment. (and there is a lady at dialysis who looks exactly like that -
>due to not getting treatments as scheduled!!)

Jan, My husband is an orthorpedist and prescribes a product called "lidoderm
5% patch" to some of his patients. It provides very effective localized pain
relief. You just stick a piece of this patch on the area and it numbs it up
almost instantly. Ask your doc. Hope it helps.

Sally (Mom to Stefanie dx T1 98 dx Celiac 01)
married to my guy almost 30 years!