Re: [IP] insurance - limit 4 strips a day

In a message dated 1/19/03 8:05:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> >My husband found out from a coworker with type 1 diabetes on an insulin
> pump,
> >that their insurance company will be limiting test strips to four a day.  I
> >currently have a prescription on file for 9 a day.  Can they make such
> limits
> >when the prescription.  states that I test 9 times a day and therefore my

Our insurance limits the coverage for test strips to 100 per month - BUT with
a letter of medical necessity - we now are able to get 100 every 12 days.  We
had the same problem with other supplies -- could only get 1 vial of humalog
per month - also was getting less pump supplies than he needed - BUT once
again a letter of medical necessity to the insurance company fixed that and
now we get the amount that is needed.