[IP] Regretting wavering

> I was diagnosed Type 1 in March of 2002 at age 37.
> I was on Lantus and Humalog MDI and wavered about going on a pump for the
> first few months, thinking that I could get the same sort of control. Then
I met
> a pump trainer who convinced me that a pump was the closest thing I could
> get to mimicking my pancreas.  I went on pump therapy exactly 6 months
> after my diagnosis and would never go back to shots. My only regret is
that I
> wavered at all and didn't go on it even sooner.

Please do not spend any more time regretting this few months of wavering.
Not only is it past, but that was such a very short time on deciding, or
even having IDDM. I *wavered* a year and I was in my 32nd year of DM at the
time. Pumps weren't even available much before the time I started. There are
many people on this list even now who have had DM for decades and still
undecided about pumping - or just in the last few years have started. Roger
C just had his 55th DM anniversary and has been pumping about 2.5 years.
Please, just look forward to the benefits you have ahead of you and don't
look back. I regret my endo not keeping us (all his pump patients) apprised
of the updates of pumping techniques. *Perhaps* I would not be on dialysis
today (well, actually Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays) if he had. :-((((

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

If I knew then what I know now, I'd still make bad choices