Re: [IP] Unions Call for Changes in Smallpox Vaccine Program

Jim wrote

> But everything you've quoted is supposition and assumption<

Almost everything that I qouted in that response, was a direct copy from something that was posted in that digest and not my own quotes.

"If you steal from one author it's plagiarism; if you steal from many it's research".  Wilson Mizner

>It may be correct, but there is no research evidence that diabetics have impaired immune systems, and the autoimmune response that causes type 1 is very
specific to islet cells and the probable virus that triggered the response in the first place<

True, but the autoimmune response that is attacking the islet cells, which is T cell mediated, also play a large role in the immunology of the skin. Thus, my concerns.
It has been a long time since I had to sit in an Immunology class though, but I guess my experience outside the classroom has made me appreciate the subtle innuances of a condition. When I combine it with all the research and science out there, all I can do is to try to help people fit it into their lives and make it workable.
Thank you for the input :)

Joann, mom to Cara, age 17, Type 1 since 2/97, pumping since 3/98

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not
everything that counts can be counted".

Albert Einstein