Re: [IP] Adhesive Remover

In a message dated 1/17/2003 4:38:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We must all remember that with diabetes and everything that goes with it
> that
> this is a YMMV type of thing (your mileage may vary)  Joshua, age 11, DMer
> 5.5 yrs, IPer 3+ is using QS sets, uses Mastisol for extra adhesion and has
> no reaction of any kind to anything that we use.  That is us.  This may not
> hold true for everyone.

So true, Sylvia!  My Katie uses Quick-sets with Mastisol, too -- and had
terrible skin reactions from the different types of dressings we tried (IV
3000, Tegaderm, etc.) before we tried using Mastisol with the tape that comes
attached to the quick sets.  Adhesion problems are VERY common for new
pumpers, but the solutions are quite varied.  Thank goodness there are some
many choices . ..

Pumpmama to Katie (12)