Re: [IP] Unions Call for Changes in Smallpox Vaccine Program

Joann <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I, for one, would not be rushing to get this vaccine if I had Type 1 DM.

That is your choice.  I'm not so sure that I'd run out to get vaccinated
either.  But everything you've quoted is supposition and assumption.  It may
be correct, but there is no research evidence that diabetics have impaired
immune systems, and the autoimmune response that causes type 1 is very
specific to islet cells and the probable virus that triggered the response
in the first place.

Jim Handsfield