Re: [IP] insurance - limit 4 strips a day

I had this issue recently with my endo.  He wrote the prescription for
testing 7xDay, but there was another code on the scrip that indicated
4x day (QID).  It was was probably habit for them to include the additional
code on the prescription, but it wasn't their intention to limit me to 4.

Getting him to write a new prescription solved the problem.  I ended up
with over 1000 blood test strips for a 3 month period as a result of it.

--- Brian C <email @ redacted> wrote:
> At 04:47 PM 1/17/2003, you wrote:
> >Check with the insurance itself, don't rely on one persons words.  If it
> >is true
> >FIGHT it,  I don't know if you can, but they shouldn't be allowed to do
> that.
> Also see how the Dr is writing the prescription.  if they write to test 4
> times a day thats what is locked in..

Do you Yahoo!?