Re: [IP] weird food advice( I mean weird)

You could see if you can talk them out of a recipe or two and run the
recipe through a carb calculation program.   If you can get your hands
on the recipes they will be preparing for you, you could try
cooking some of the stuff at home and experimenting with it before the

At worst, you can just guestimate and test later.   That's usually my plan
when stuff like this comes up.  It's really no different than eating dinner
out at a restaurant you're not familiar with.

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> In June I am a leader at a girl guide weekend camp and for 24 hours we are
> living in the 1815( costume and all) and we will also be eating as if were in
> the 1815 including foods such as corn and grease, homemade stews, poridge and
> an authentic native breakfast.  Any advice on find carb values?  I know to
> test and test and test but is there a better way to figure it out?  I can try
> to find out an exact menu and all.
> Its at our Old Fort William, a trading post from the 1815 the whole place,
> buildings and all are from then and canoes makers, its really going to be
> neat.  They said that they come and remove any jewerly, make up and
> electronics anything modern day from the girlsfor those 24 hours, I have
> already cleared my pump, medic alert and supplies no problem, just have to
> keep them out of site.  The main concern is its a tourist location and it
> would ruin it for them if were walking around in costume with walkmens etc.
> eating choc bars.
> How can I guess really good, don't want to spend the camp high or low.

Do you Yahoo!?