[IP] Re: How I'm doing on dialysis

> How are you doing with the dialysis?  Are you feeling any better other
> being drained from the actual procedure?  Do they have you on EPO as well?
> Kathy B.

The most curious thing - I do NOT feel drained after a procedure. Most
people think that, but on the Yahoo! group I'm on, they say that when a DMer
starts dialysis before 10% (me = 12%) we recover more quickly. I have my
appetite back (as well as the weight with it), much more energy, and do not
sleep 12 hours a day anymore. We have a *block* in our neighborhood that is
2/3 of a mile around. We have taken walks there twice. I used to go 500' and
had to return home. The last I was told, my function is now at 2%.

I have had EPO (Erythropoietin) injections for 8 years until dialysis, now I
get infused with each treatment. I never saw any positive results or effects
other than my labs were better. They recently took me off the daily 300 mgs
of iron (Niferex) and that is also being infused during treatments.

Every time you pee, think of me and praise the Lord you *can*. ;-)  I did
get wheelchairs at the airports since I could not keep up the pace with the
short layovers, and my 6 heart blockages were very happy to ride! LOL

Thanks for asking. {{{{{Hughey Huggles}}}}}

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

All I want is less to do, more time to do it, and higher pay for not getting
it done.