Re: [IP] Type 2 and pumping?

> Just curious as to how having type 2 effects pumping?  When you start
> pumping( or shots) does you body stop making its own insulin?  Or does it
> still make some so you use less on a pump?   Do you still have to take
> to help the insulin work?  Do you still have a normal basal and bolus?

I'm type 1, but from what I've read, there are some Type 2's who are so
insulin resistant that they take MORE insulin than the typical type 1.  That
doesn't mean they don't make any, but it means that their bodies need way
more than they make, or even than you and I need.

So some of them may need to continue to take the oral meds and STILL take
more insulin than you do every day.  So it certainly can work for a type 2
diabetic to pump.  If they need the insulin anyway, why not get it through
the pump?

I think, though, that some of them do quit producing insulin as well.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990