Re: [IP] Upcoming trip to Japan

In a message dated 1/16/03 10:29:54 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My husband and I are going to Japan in about two months.
 Just wondering if anyone has travelled internationally with their insulin
pump and supplies and if you encountered any problems with airports, customs,
etc I should be aware of? >>

Ask your carrier what is required to travel abroad with your "stuff." When I
went to Europe a few months ago, I had to carry emergency syringes in an
unopened package with a pharmacy label on it. Which meant that I had to get a
prescription for syringes. But the pharmacy broke open a box of 100 and just
sold me two 10-packs. That should last me for a few more years.

I also was told I needed a letter from my doc dated within the last year to
carry diabetes supplies.

BTW, nobody asked for any of that stuff.

Carry your meds in the original bottles with the prescription labels on them.

Don't forget to take food with you.

Jan and Elvis