[IP] re: GD and heredity

>>Years ago I read a study from Joslin in Boston that said a woman
who has gestational diabetes while pregnant is likely to become
a type 2 later in life and that the baby has a higher chance of becoming
type 1.

The baby was likely to be very heavy at birth because he is being fed a
high glucose
blood from the mother and that his pancreas would be affected.

All of this was significant to me because my mom had GD while pregnant
became  a type 2 later in life; and I am a type 1.<<

This is VERY interesting to me since I had GD while pregnant with Lauren
(she weighed 12lbs, 12 oz!) and now she is Type 1. I've asked that question
a million times and always been told 'No, no connection at all." I'd LOVE To
find the study. BTW, I probably was GD with my first too, but I was never
tested. she weighed 10lbs, 10 oz! But she does not have Type 1, thanks
GOODNESS. Anyway, do you know of a place to find that study?

Mom of Lauren, 11, dx @ 6, third year of pumping